Saturday, June 30, 2007

A few new food tricks

I can sit up pretty well now on my own, so Mommy thought she'd give the highchair a whirl. I look very small in it, probably even more so because Mommy almost certainly doesn't have the straps set up correctly. Hopefully she'll get it together soon.

I'm still not all that nuts about SOLIDS. The teachers feed me every day at school and somehow they manage to get this to happen without me getting covered in goo. Mommy, not so much. We've been trying new foods. Mommy cooks them for me at home and at school I eat the stuff in jars stirred into my cereal. So far I have eaten sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans and peaches, and Mommy has peas, squash, apricots and pears in the freezer and some bananas in the kitchen.

Here are a few other things we have tried:
1. Avocado. Not sure how I feel about it. Kind of slimy and chunky. It sticks to the spoon real good so Mommy lets me try to feed it to myself.


2. Finger food I. Zweiback toast. This doesn't look like it would be messy but looks can be decieving. Mommy bought this instead of the teething biscuits because Rosco's Mommy said those were messy. Well, guess what? So is Zweiback!



3. Finger Food II. Sweet potato puffs. This didn't go so well at all. I can pick them up in my palm and bring my hand to my mouth but then when I open my hand the puff falls into my lap instead of my mouth. Mommy tried to help me and put one in my mouth but I didn't know what to do with it so I had a total conniption and Daddy thought I was choking.


4. Sippy Cup - the final frontier. Very little success on the sippy cup front, but I did manage to pick it up, bang it around and smear avocado all over it.

No comments: