Saturday, July 28, 2007

Roseola, no thanks!


I don't want roseola! But too bad, because roseola wants me.

Mommy noticed that I had a rash all over my trunk on Thursday night. On Friday morning it looked like it was going away so we decided not to mention it to my teachers, but when Mommy picked me up on Friday afternoon it was back in FULL EFFECT! My teachers said that they thought I had roseola and that most of the other babies in my class had gotten it too. And sure enough, when we looked around a lot of them had a rash just like mine! G-G said that when my Uncle Jim was a baby, he got a bad case of roseola and was really sick and miserable. My roseola wasn't too bad I guess, because Mommy and Daddy didn't even realize that I was sick until I got the rash, which is AFTER the fever breaks.

Oh well. Feeling better now, although I still have the rash. You can see it on my forehead.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Owen, you look so sad! Feel better soon:)

Melissa Greenfield said...

I had roseola as a kid too. My mom has pictures of me looking sad like that as well.

Feel better.

Little Jax said...

When I had roseola, Mommy and Daddy weren't going to tell daycare. They were just going to act all surprised when my teachers noticed that I was covered with red spots. But then they felt bad, since they thought I had contagious chicken pox, and they knew they'd be mad if another parent did that. So they told my teacher I was spotty, and it turns out all the other babies were too! I hope your rash goes away soon!