Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Big S.


Today, Mommy and Daddy decided to try something new with me. They fed me some sort of cereal. Up until now I've only eaten breastmilk, but at my last doctors appointment he said that Mommy could feed me SOLIDS. OMG!

That was about two weeks ago (I forgot to tell you that I was 15 lbs, 3 ounces and 26 inches long!) and I thought Mommy had forgotten about it because I had not seen these mysterious SOLIDS anywhere. Then today when Mommy came home from work, Daddy put me in my special Bumbo chair and Mommy brought over a little bowl of white stuff that did NOT look like breastmilk.

Its funny, because Mommy had a look at her baby book and she first ate cereal when she was SIX WEEKS OLD! Things sure were different then, because that was normal. Interestingly, she apparently 'took time to accept' meats and egg yolk, which are two foods that she still doesn't like. In fact, Mommy and Daddy don't eat any meat at all, and Mommy eats eggs only begrudgingly or when they are IN something and thus unidentifiable as eggs. Thats interesting. Also, it says that Mommy was 'not fond of peas' which she STILL isn't.

Anyhow! I'm getting off track here. SOLIDS. I was NOT SURE what to make of the rice cereal. Not sure at all. Here's a video:

The Big S. from meandertail on Vimeo

I may have swallowed a little bit inadvertently. Mostly I just smeared it all over myself and my outift (Mommy and Daddy forgot to put a bib on me for some reason, I'm not sure WHAT they were thinking!). I was really interested in the bowl the cereal came in though, and in the spoon that delivered it to my mouth. So we'll see, maybe I'll warm up to this sometime soon! I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love the look of utter disgust followed by the "ooh! new wet slimy toy in my mouth!" expression.

Anonymous said...

Nan & Granda (UK), enjoyed watching your first taste of solid food, even though you didn't appear to enjoy it!! We're sure the next time it will be great, more flavours to come. Take care, love nan & grandad.

Denise said...

Looks like fun! We haven't gone down that road yet. We decided to wait until Bangkok.