Sunday, May 27, 2007

Down with rice cereal. Long live oatmeal cereal!

Remember how Mommy and Daddy decided to try to feed me SOLIDS? That was almost twenty whole days ago. They kept giving me rice cereal and I couldn't stand it. You can see in my video. To tell you the truth, I haven't been any more cooperative than I was on that first day. Okay, maybe I've swallowed a little bit on accident, but every time Mommy or my teacher try to feed it to me I try to get away from them. And they clearly do not get the picture because they KEEP TRYING. How many different times do I have to express my horrible distaste for rice cereal? Apparently an endless number of times. Mommy really thought that I just wasn't ready for solids, even though I tried to give her lots of other signs that I was.

Well. That has all changed now. Tonight Mommy put me in my Bumbo chair and brought over a bowl full of something new. Oatmeal cereal! This stuff was GREAT! I couldn't get enough of it. In fact, Mommy had to mix up some more OATMEAL CEREAL so that I would have more to eat. And I finished the whole bowl. Daddy took a video of this. Compare this video to the one of me eating rice cereal, and I think you'll see what I mean (I put it here again so you can compare and contrast)

Rice cereal - bleh:

The Big S. from meandertail on Vimeo.

Oatmeal cereal of wonderfulness:

OMG oatmeal cereal! from meandertail on Vimeo

If this goes okay we're TOTALLY starting vegetables.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow he really likes it! We started Jonathan on sweet potatoes this weekend (we skipped cereal), I thought he liked them until I saw Owen's video! It is amazing how quickly they are getting big. Glad everything is going well. Erin

My Life at 30 said...

Owen sometimes my momma adds fruit to my cereal and it make's the cereal go down 10 times more easier.

Momma doesn't want to altogether skip my cereal because I am needing all the calories I can get b/c I am rolling around all over the place. And bouncing around in my exersaucer.

My favorite combos are banana and cereal, and peaches and cereal. Well gotta run I think it's time to roll around on the floor. Congrats on your tooth.

Baby Isabella Stark

Anonymous said...

hi owen! i was so impressed at how well you took to the oatmeal cereal that i had some for breakfast too. when you come to see g-g and sky king, we will be able to have it together. see you soon! love and kisses g-g

Laura said...

I don't blame you Owen. Rice cereal... gross!! Keep giving Mommy and Daddy signs... eventually they'll get it:)