Monday, April 30, 2007

My first baseball game!

Yesterday Mommy and Daddy took me to my first baseball game! We went with my Aunt Sheri and my friend Isaac and his parents. It was his first baseball game too! The Durham Bulls were playing the Charlotte something-or-others.
We had good seats on the third base line, right in front of where the pitchers were practicing. I wore my Red Sox hat, even though neither of the teams playing had anything to do with the Red Sox. Apparently I have to be a Red Sox fan if I'm going to be able to keep living at home with Mommy and Daddy. At the beginning of the game some boy sang the national anthem. Everyone was quiet and stood still. I wanted to sing along with the boy though, so I did. I kept saying 'aaaahhhh ohhhhh aaaaaahhhh gooo aaaaa!' really loudly. Since no one else was singing, it was almost like I was singing a solo. Everyone thought it was pretty good because they were smiling and laughing at me!
I sat for most of the game in my Baby Bjorn with Daddy.


Then when I started to get really sleepy (because it was almost my bedtime!), Mommy and Daddy and I went home. Here's a picture that someone took of us standing in front of the baseball stadium.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi owen, loved the picture of you in your red sox hat at the ball game. when you come to new hampshire to see us , be sure to bring it and you will get lots of smiles from people. i wouldn't suggest taking it to new york though. love g-g

Melissa Greenfield said...

I'm glad to see your parents are raising you right. Baseball and Red Sox is all you need to know.

Anonymous said...

I am really glad I saw these pictures because I have been looking for a baby Red Sox hat for you, Owen. But I'm glad to see Mom and Dad are raising you right. love cousin Taryn

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of you at the game. Also, nice to see you have musical talents by singing a solo at the start. Were you aware of the bull about to charge at mum & dad in the background? Hugs & kisses, Nan & Grandad (UK).

Anonymous said...

Hi Owen, Aunty Andy here (UK) love you in your baseball cap & what alot a gurgling you do! Can't wait to see you all. Love Aunty Andy xx

peppersnaps said...

Ha -- go Sox! Good to see your mom and dad are teaching you early about what's important in baseball. :)