Monday, April 23, 2007

First day of school!!

Today was my first day of school! Here's a picture of me in my car seat right before Mommy and I left for school:



When Mommy brought me, I was really excited because there was a lot of new stuff to look at. Mommy fed me and then she put me in a bouncer chair. It was a cool one, not like anything I have at home! The teachers were all smiling at me and saying hi, so I smiled a lot and said 'goo' back. Mommy must have had something in her eye, because she was crying. The teacher gave her a hug before she left.

I took a nap. I played in an Exersaucer, which is another cool toy that I don't have at home. I had a bottle. Then Mommy came at lunch and had her lunch with me. We hung out on the mat and played the tickle game. I was really happy to see Mommy, and I smiled a lot at her and made lots of 'goo' noises and laughed. Then she had to leave and go back to her job. Right before she left, she fed me and then I made a dirty diaper, which of course was a 'blowout'. Mommy was so excited that she got to be there to change me after the blowout. Luckily I had an extra outfit in my cubby.

Then I took another nap, played some more, went outside and swung on a big porch swing with one of the teachers, did some other stuff, and then Mommy came back to get me. My teachers told her that I was really good (I was!) and that I hardly cried at all (I didn't!) and that I was so happy and easygoing and smiled at everyone (I did!). I can't wait to go back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Owen are you growing up quick. What a lovely first day at school. Mummy will soon learn how to keep things out of her eyes & not make her cry, but it's nice that she sees you for lunch. That will make mummy feel better. Enjoy school, & tell us if you find a girlfriend, we won't tell mummy & daddy!! Love Nan & Grandad (UK).