Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Visiting the doctor

Today we had a trip to the doctor. Mommy said that the doctor called her and said that I was such a nice and cute baby that he wanted to see me again. I don't think he really said that, I think she was just feeding me a line. But whatever. We went to see him anyway.

The last time I went to this doctor I was a lot younger. I think I was only 10 days old. This doctor is a special kind of heart doctor. When I was born, my pediatrician noticed a little heart murmur and sent me to see this special doctor. I had an EKG and an echocardiogram, which is like an ultrasound picture of my heart. Its sort of like the ultrasound pictures that the doctors took of me when I was Studs. They found out that I have a very small hole in my heart called a ventricular septal defect. The special doctor told Mommy and Daddy that it would probably close up on its own, and even if it didn't that it was unlikely to cause me any problems. Today they did another EKG, and I was very good while they did it. And they listened really carefully to my heart. The doctor said he could still hear the murmur, so the hole is still there. But since I am still not having any trouble, he was not worried. I get to go back in January to see how it looks then. But the doctor said that other than being exceptionally cute and friendly (Okay, he didn't really say that. I'm embellishing), the only thing about me that would be different than other little boys is that I'll have to take antibiotics before I go to the dentist or have certain medical procedures, just to make sure I don't get a heart infection.

Luckily this time Mommy and Daddy knew what to expect (and were less hormonal and getting more sleep than the last time), so neither of them were crying this time. I like it better that way!

We had to wait for TWO HOURS to see the doctor after we got into the examination room. They had told Mommy and Daddy to take my clothes off, so I was sitting there naked (except I was wearing a diaper!). Daddy was cuddling with me to keep me warm, and giving me big kisses, which I love!



Oh. You'll also notice two new things over there on the side of my blog. I put a list of the things I like to do now, and I'll try to change that when I like to do new things! I also put links to other babies blogs. So far there is only one, Rosco, who is a baby I met at a Triangle Mommies playdate! I am hoping that some of my other friends (and some of my friends who aren't going to be born for a few months) will set up blogs too, and then I'll put their links up there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news Owen, especially when they do not want to see you until next January. You change every time we see your picture. Take care, and give a big hug & kisses to mummy and daddy. Love Nan & Grandad. (UK).