Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Bug is 1.

Today is a big day, its my BIRTHDAY! I am ONE! Can you believe that??

It started out like any other day. Mommy came in and got me out of my bed. We got dressed and went downstairs. Then Daddy made us all a special breakfast of biscuits, fake (or real for the actual meat-eaters staying with us) bacon, and fake sausage. Here is what I think of special breakfast:


Then I went out shopping with Mommy and Daddy, Uncle Jim and Aunt Sara.


I opened up all of my cards. Thanks everyone!


When I woke up from my nap, everything was different in my house! There were balloons and streamers everywhere, and everything had duckies on it.


It was time for my party!! My friends Isaac and Carson and their Mommies and Daddies came, and so did our friends Gil and Patrick. And, of course, G-G, Sky King, Uncle Jim and Aunt Sara - and Mommy and Daddy!

Daddy gave me a sip of his beer because I am almost old enough.


I found some of my presents in a pile. I always wanted a fire safe!


Pretty soon it was time for me to eat my birthday cake. We had two cakes, one was just for me, and one was for everyone else.



Mommy put some candles in my cake and everyone sang Happy Birthday.


Nan, Grandad and cousins Zoe and Lauren were there too, watching me on Skype!


Hm... what is this?


OMG! MY HANDS ARE BLUE!!! WAAAAAAAAHHH!!


GET IT OFF, MOMMY!!!


Wow. I don't know about cake. That was terrifying. I think I've had enough. Its time to do something else.

Lets play Guitar Hero! Thats what Uncle Jim and Aunt Sara got Mommy for Christmas. I think that would be better than eating the terrifying cake.






Everyone played Guitar Hero, except me, because the guitar is taller than me. Oh well. Mommy decorated her guitar with stickers and she put 'OC' on it, just for me. That is almost as good as being able to play myself.

After a little while, I was hungry and Mommy got some dinner together for me. She gave me some pita bread and indian chickpea dip. Yum! She also gave me a piece of my cake, but this time she took the blue frosting off first. Still, I'd rather have the chickpea dip. But I did try a few bites of frosting.


Then I opened my presents from my party. I got some cool books (I love books!) and toys and clothes. Yay! I also got an "iPod" of my very own from my friend Julianna. I love it! It plays classical music and lights up when I press the buttons.


I posed for some pictures with Mommy and Daddy and with Uncle Jim and Aunt Sara.





It hasn't been than long, but look how much I have changed! Next stop, TWO!

5 comments:

Eve Proper said...

Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a milestone, and what a beautiful party. Glad we could see you with your Birthday cake. Hugs & Kisses, Love Nan & Grandad.

Melissa Greenfield said...

How can you not like frosting?!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. We hope you had a great birthday.

Little Jax said...

Happy birthday!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Owen!! You are way too cute! But yeah you don't like frosting... come on!