Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Well, I just finished my FIRST CHRISTMAS. I know I would have had a first Christmas last year if I had just gotten with the program and come out sooner, but oh well. Too bad for Mommy. I think I enjoyed my first Christmas more this way, because I actually know what is going on. My G-G and Sky King came out on the 22nd, because Daddy's birthday was on the 23rd and they wanted to be here in time for that. Mommy and her family usually open their presents on Christmas Eve, so they gave me some presents that day too, one of which was this wagon!


We went for a walk around the neighborhood in it.


The next day was actual Christmas. I sat near the Christmas tree, hoping that presents would appear. And they did!


My next present was my OWN SPECIAL CHAIR. I sat in my chair while I was opening presents.


I got lots of neat presents, like these books. I love books, especially ones I can touch, or that have flaps or something.


I also got my OWN SPECIAL KITCHEN. It goes in Mommy and Daddy's kitchen, so I can cook and wash dishes with them.


I got a bag of vegetables from the Farmers' Market ('Owen's Farmers' Market' it says!) that I can put in my oven or sink or whatever.


I also got a fun rocket toy from my Aunt Melissa and Uncle Matt. I am slightly too short for it right now so although I can sit on it, I can't push myself around. So instead I push the toy around the kitchen.

I got a little bit overwhelmed by all of my presents so I got a little bit grumpypants.


Then I took a nap and it was all good.

We had dinner later that night. I had Yorkshire pudding, Quorn cutlet, roasted vegetables and salad. Yum! I liked the Quorn the best. Yay, fake meat! G-G and Sky King had real meat, but Mommy and Daddy had Quorn too. You can see Mommy and Sky King wearing their hats from their Christmas crackers. G-G and Daddy's had broken before they even put them on, which was a bummer because that meant that the annual "Big Head Contest" could not take place. I think a rematch will occur tomorrow after Uncle Jim and Aunt Sara arrive...




Here is a video of me sitting in my special chair and reading a book.

Untitled from meandertail on Vimeo.

I have a video of me pushing around my rocket too, but that is going to have to wait until tomorrow because Mommy is helping me post this, and she is tired and wants to go to bed, and it is not even uploaded yet.

I had a nice Christmas, and I loved all of my presents. Hope you did too!

And I'll be 1 on SATURDAY!! OMG!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so many gorgeous presents, & a birthday still to come. Riding along in your Radio Flyer, now taking on cookery, and that big arm chair. Plus G-G & Sky-King sharing Christmas with you. Lots of hugs & kisses, love Nan & Grandad.

Mémère and Papa said...

Happy First Birthday Owen! Already a year old. My oh my! Such a big boy now. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas too. Hope your birthday is extra special as well. Love you.

Melissa Greenfield said...

Happy Birthday, Owen!

I can't believe you're already a year old. I hope to see you again really soon. You're just too cute for words.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!