Monday, September 3, 2007

I'm 10 times more grumpy than you.

At least. Maybe 15 times more grumpy. See, I have a cold. I have had it for the last, oh, 10 or 11 days. At first I was fine, just messy. My nose was running constantly, so I had booger face all of the time. I had a cough too, a nice chunky sounding one. But I didn't feel too bad.

This weekend though, GRUMPY. Now I don't just have a cold, but I have a fever too. For the last three nights, my fever has been between 102 and 103. UGH. I know I'm not happy, but I don't know what I want.

I want Mommy to hold me. No, I want her to put me down. No, I want her to HOOOOOOLD MEEEEEE! PUT ME DOWN!! WAAAAAAH! I want Daddy!! DAAAAAADDY! Wait! WAIT!! Mommy! Want Mommy!!! No Mommy, put me down!!

I want a drink! No, not that drink! No drink!! Get away from me with your boobs and your bottles and your sippy cups! I don't want any of it! No wait! That boob!! No, not that one, THAT ONE. NOOOOO! NO BOOB!

I'm tired. Tired! Yaaaaaawn!! *rubs eyes* Mommy! I'm tired! I'm so tired I can barely hold my own head up! Put me in my crib! Put me DOWN AND PUT ME IN MY CRIB!! Nooooooo!!! Don't leave me! I want my pacifier. Where is my pacifier?? *throws pacifier out of the side of the crib* My pacifier! How can you put me in this crib with no pacifiers?? I'm tired! Wait! I don't want to go to sleep! Nooooo!!

Its exhausting being so indecisive!

And tomorrow I can't go to school because I have a fever. And I know Mommy is all "I have to give my talk tomorrow!" blah blah blah. I don't care. I want her to hooooooold meeeeee! Nooo!!! PUT ME DOWN!! MOMMY!!

3 comments:

Little Jax said...

I hope you feel better! It's not fun being sick.

When I'm sick with a fever or cold/congestion (and that's been about half my life so far!), Mommy and Daddy send me anyways and pretend they don't know any better. This works especially well with fever if you get Tylenol right when you wake up, so your fever's gone when you get to daycare. Not that you should go to school sick...

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're feeling grumpy Owen. There will be worse to come when your first girlfriend dumps you!!Boy will you be grumpy then!! Mummy & daddy are trying their best, but you know better. Take care, wishing you a speedy recovery. love nan & grandad.

Melissa Greenfield said...

Lisa I'm sorry you're having to deal with this and I hope Owen feels better.

I totally know what it's like though. That has pretty much been the last three weeks with Madeleine between the thrush, forceful letdown, and now reflux. :(