Monday, February 11, 2008

What I did on my winter vacation

Well, okay. So like I said, I have been a very busy baby...er... I mean, TODDLER. Last week Mommy and Daddy and I went to Florida to visit everyone. We have been planning on going to Florida for a while, but never got around to actually planning our trip. But Pop-pop has been sick, so we wanted to go visit him. So we planned a last minute trip to Saraota!

Mommy and I flew while Daddy drove down with our stinky dog. Here I am at the airport, waiting for our flight to board.


I did many, many, many (many, many) laps of the waiting area, to make sure that everyone knew which gate they were supposed to be at. You'll notice that I am wearing cute shoes with complicated laces. Mommy does not recommend that you do this when you next travel with your baby or toddler, because they made me take my shoes off when we went through security. Not expected, obviously.

When we got there, G-G and Mom-mom picked us up in Tampa and we went straight to the VA hospital to visit Pop-pop. We had to wait a long time to see him, because he was busy doing hospital-type stuff. So I got to walk around the hospital floor many, many, many (many, many, many!) times to check on everyone. Everyone was very nice and talked to me and let me sit on their laps, etc. Pop-pop was very tired and slept while we were there, but it was nice to see him anyway.

Daddy and the stinky dog arrived that night. The next day, Mommy, Daddy, G-G and I went to the Mote Marine Laboratories. No, Mommy and Daddy didn't have to go to work while we were on our vacation, it is a different kind of lab. More like an aquarium. There were lots and lots of fish to see, but I was very busy doing other things like, climbing up and down on this bench.


I did take a few moments to look at some of the fish, but mostly I just walked around and around (and around and around and around) (I wonder if you're noticing a theme here, which is that all I want to do now is walk).



I also took the time to make sure that all of the orange cones (aka Joes, if you remember Joe the cone) were okay.


We also went swimming in G-G and Sky King's pool.


I had fun mostly, but on the first day of swimming, my eyes got all red and itchy and horrible. We were all surprised that I would have trouble with the pool because it has not been a problem before. As it turns out, the lady had come by that day to put more chlorine in the pool, and that was hurting my eyes. The next day I was fine!


We also went to the beach. This was my first time at the beach, ever! At first, I just walked and walked and walked (and walked, and walked).



Then I fell down. And I was presented with something strange, called sand.




Sand is awesome. I buried my leg in it.

Then we went (some of us more happily than others, me being among the group who did NOT want to leave the wonderful sand!) out for pizza. We went to a place called 'Shaner's', which is owned by a guy who went to Horlick High School in Racine, WI, which is where Mommy went to high school. Weird!



I have some more pictures to show you, but I will post them tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had a great time visiting with you ,owen and you look so cute in all the pictures but i could have done without the butt shot of g-g. hugs and kisses g-g and sky king

Anonymous said...

What a lovely vacation, especially with g-g, sky king & pop-pop, (not forgeting your great nan). You certainly did some walking. Glad you liked the sand, & swimming. Take care, love Nan & Grandad.

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting these great pics! your mom should put a pedometer on you! donnah