Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Correction: Ear infections are hard

Today, Mommy had a bad day at work. Her paper got rejected (again) (and yes, this is the one from GRAD SCHOOL which she finished almost three years ago), her experiment did not work, and then she got a phone call from daycare at 3:30. My teacher told her what was going on: I took a nap. I slept for 45 minutes and then woke up screaming. I did not stop screaming at all. Between the time that my teacher called me and Mommy came to pick me up, I did fall asleep in my teacher's lap (I was so cute). I screamed all the way home. Mommy tried to hug me and jiggle me and cuddle me when we got home, but I was having NONE OF IT. Still screaming. So Mommy called the doctor. The doctor told us to come in. The doctor's office was closed by this time, and the nurse was actually waiting for us at the front door to let us in, because they had already locked up. The doctor checked me out (oh yes, still screaming) and it turns out that I have a bilateral ear infection. That is what some people like to call a 'double ear infection'. It just means that both of my ears are infected. The doctor said that this would cause me problems sleeping (duh. I knew that!) because the pressure would build up more when I was laying down.

Now I am taking more pink amoxicillin and hope that this will get better soon. I have been miserable since Friday (when I had a fever) and Mommy is mean and did not take me to the doctor until now. So it serves her right that I have been waking up almost every night at three in the morning.

1 comment:

Little Jax said...

I had a double ear infection a month ago. Make sure your mommy takes you back in to the doctor in a couple weeks, because the amoxicillin cleared up one infection but not both, so I had to get something stronger. Hope you feel better soon!