Thursday, June 19, 2008

Weekend fun

The other weekend, Mommy, Daddy and I went over to my friend Carson's house. Carson had some cool blocks that I was stacking. I'm a big fan of stacking, by the way. HUGE. Stacking is one very exciting thing (whether it is blocks, books, whatever), and the other exciting thing is opening and closing things, putting things in and taking them out.


Anyway. You can see that this was during the time when it was 80 zillion degrees in North Carolina, because I am sweating like crazy. And my hair is so fine, you can totally see it. Well, block stacking is quite hard work.

While we were at the party, we had a big thunderstorm. Carson's grandparents live a few miles away, and they called and told us that they were having big hail at their house. Daddy and our neighbor (who was also at the party) had both left their cars in the driveway, so they ran home in the pouring rain to put them in the garage. Meanwhile, we were still at Carson's house, standing outside watching the hail fall. It was neat, and it was pretty big - ping pong ball sized? I just kept saying "Wow! Wow! WOOOOOOW!" Daddy and our neighbor did not make it home in time, so they got hit with hail. I think we're lucky that they didn't get knocked out.

Another fun thing that happened during the storm was that the power went out. It was getting close to my bedtime anyway, so we headed home. I had to help everyone find their way back home.


No comments: