Monday, November 12, 2007

Walking... coming soon!

Yesterday, Mommy and I went over to my friend Juliana's house to play. Mommy wanted me to show Julianna's Mommy how I could stand up all by myself. So Mommy put me down on the floor so I could show her. Sometimes Mommy thinks I am a performing pony or something, just here to show off all of my tricks. Geez.

Anyhow, I thought I'd mix it up a little bit, so I took two steps towards her. The Mommies both almost had a heart attack, I think. I don't know what the big deal is - I've been walking with my walking toy for a while now. Didn't she think I'd figure out how to do it without it?? Here are a few videos of that that I have been meaning to put up.

This one was the first time I really went crazy with the walking toy, about 3 weeks ago. Up until then, Mommy or Daddy had been slowing it down for me because they thought it was too fast for me. I guess I showed them!


Big trip around the house from meandertail on Vimeo.

As you could see in the first video, I am able to steer if I want to, or get unstuck when I run into things. However, my ability to do this is severly compromised when I am tired. This video was taken a couple of days later, but right before my bedtime.


More walking from meandertail on Vimeo.

Mommy has been trying to get me to take a few steps again but I'm not going to cooperate. I am my own boss!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you really are such a happy, talented baby! good luck to your mommy and daddy childproofing to ANOTHER level!

Anonymous said...

Well done, you can steer your trolley, shame the walls get in the way!! It sounds a noisy engine, or was that you screaming? Also, did we hear you say mummy? As Riley says, childproofing the home goes further. Take care, Love Nan & Grandad.

Anonymous said...

I am shocked those plants have lasted!

Erin

Special K said...

Love the video where Owen crashes into the wall! Also? the random screams are also cracking me up!