Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Long blog break!

Hey everyone. I took a loooooooooooong blog break, eh? A year! Well, we've had quite a busy year, so you can hardly blame me. Here's a little bit of what we've been up to this year:

1. Moved out of our house. I was sad to say goodbye to my bedroom, my playset, my bathtub that I liked to color in... but someone else bought our house so we had to move out!

2. Moved into an apartment. Since we weren't ready to move to our new house yet, we had to move to an apartment for a few months. That meant I had a new bedroom! With no curtains! And guess what - I stopped taking naps because it never got dark in my room! Mommy loved that. The apartment had a pool and a fun playset nearby, and I got to ride my tricycle all around the neighborhood. And tons of geese lived in our backyard.

3. Went on a cruise to Alaska. We went on an exciting trip to Alaska with G-G, Sky King and Uncle Jim and Aunt Sara. We saw a lot of neat stuff and spent a long time on a big boat. Also spent a lot of time on airplanes flying to and from Alaska. Pro tip: don't book a redeye flight with a toddler prone to night terrors.

4. We moved to Florida. In August, we left all of our friends in NC and moved to Tallahassee, FL. We have a nice new house here and I have yet another new bedroom! This one is green.

5. I learned to use the potty. And I do it most of the time without accidents... though I still have my share of those. Ah well, practice makes perfect, eh?

6. I got a big bed. Since I'm a big boy now, I get to sleep in a big bed. It's so cool.

7. We went to Uncle Jim and Aunt Sara's wedding. I carried their wedding rings and wore a suit. I go to bed pretty early so I missed most of the partying though. Darn.

8. Somehow, some baby got into Mommy's tummy. Mommy's tummy is getting bigger and bigger! I like to point that out to her, in case she didn't notice herself. So I'm going to be a big brother. The new baby is a baby sister. I'm looking forward to helping Mommy and Daddy with the baby when she gets here... next month!

As you can see, it's been pretty busy. I'll try to update my blog a little bit more regularly, especially once my little sister is born.

1 comment:

Angelia said...

I just wanted to share with you a great website that deals with night terrors: http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-sd. My son also dealt with night terrors when he was a toddler and this website was really helpful for both of us. I hope that this is helpful for you too.