Tuesday, October 7, 2008

First ever haircut!

I'm going to be two in a few months. Can you believe that I've never had a haircut? My hair grows slowly. And it is curly, so even the parts that are too long didn't seem too long because they curled up.

Well, we are having our school pictures soon and Mommy decided it was time to get my first haircut.

So we went to Peek-a-do, which is a place where they cut kids' hair. I got to sit in a chair that was shaped like an airplane.

First haircut - before

That sounds cool I know, but actually the coolest part is that there was a TV on the counter in front of me. So while the lady cut my hair, I got to watch TV. And watch TV I did.

First haircut! Before.

Once I got settled in the airplane chair (that took some coaxing), I was totally fixated on the TV. That lady could have been doing ANYTHING and I would not have even noticed.

First haircut!
First haircut!

Here I am afterwards. See, not too short.

First haircut! After!
First haircut! After!

They also had a mini toy store in Peek-A-Do, so while Mommy did boring stuff like pay for my haircut ($26! holy crap!) I got to play with a cool top.

First haircut! After!

Then we ran across the street to Nordstroms to buy me a new pair of shoes. I know, it sounds fancy to go shoe shopping at Nordstroms, but they cost the same as at the Stride Rite store and the people were nicer. They had a place where I could color (still my favorite hobby), so everyone was happy.

Buying shoes at Nordstroms

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those poor stylists at Peek-a-do are clueless when it comes to Rosco's hair since he has that mullet thing going on. The last stylist asked "Does it always grow like this?"

I dare not take him elsewhere, though. As it is he turns catatonic when strangers stand that close to him.

Melissa Greenfield said...

Yay for first hair cuts! Super cute!

But holy crap for $26! At least it was spread out over 2 years. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures for a great occasion, but what a costly haircut! you do look smart though. Look forward to seeing the 'school' photos. Love Nan & Grandad. (UK).

Amelia said...

Owen! Looking sharp...can't wait to see your school pictures you handsome devil!